Looking for a way to reduce high intake temperatures on your stock or modified WRX? The solution is the Mishimoto direct-fit WRX top-mount intercooler engineered specifically for the 2008–2014 Subaru WRX. The stock WRX intercooler is prone to heat soak and even failure of the stock plastic endtanks above 18 psi. Mishimoto engineers spent months designing and testing this new WRX top-mount intercooler to ensure optimum performance on both the street and track.
This WRX top-mount intercooler utilizes durable cast aluminum end tanks TIG-welded to a highly efficient and dense bar-and-plate core. The Mishimoto WRX intercooler has a 3.75 core and a total volume of 584 cubic inches. Thanks to this volume and a very dense offset fin pitch, we are able to optimize heat transfer and support vehicles from stock up to 400 whp. This WRX intercooler endured rigorous testing, showing a 12°F temperature drop as well as a +6 whp and +8 wtq bolt-on power increase for our stock test vehicle. Installation is simple, requires no modification to any parts in the engine bay, and can be completed in under 30 minutes.
This top-mount intercooler comes with a new turbo-intercooler O-ring gasket, and Mishimoto’s silicone throttle body coupler. These WRX parts negate the need to gather supplies for installation, and they ensure years of reliable service. This WRX top-mount intercooler is available in a durable powder-coated finish of Sleek Silver or Stealth Black, and it includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Heavy-duty bar-and-plate core with cast end tanks to sustain high boost
- Core design optimized for optimal flow while providing excellent heat transfer +6 whp and +8 wtq increases
- 12°F temperature decrease with minimal pressure drop
- 80% larger core volume over stock
- 37.9% greater internal flow area
- Fits with stock hood-scoop shroud
- Includes turbo-to-intercooler O-ring that functions like stock
- Color: Stealth Black with Black Silicone Hose
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- CARB EO #: D-759